Whether peace is to be reached only after unimaginable horrors precipitated by humanity’s stubborn clinging to old patterns of behaviour, or is to be embraced now by an act of consultative will, is the choice before all who inhabit the earth.
The Promise of World Peace – The Universal House of Justice
The Baha’i Faith teaches:
- All humanity is one family.
- Women and men are equal.
- All prejudice—racial, religious, national, or economic—is destructive and must be overcome.
- We must investigate truth for ourselves, without preconceptions.
- Science and religion are in harmony.
- Our economic problems are linked to spiritual problems.
- The family and its unity are very important.
- There is one God.
- All major religions come from God.
- World peace is the crying need of our time.
[ Selected Writings ]